This time of year, our thoughts turn to holiday celebrations with family, friends and coworkers. But what about this year? As a leader, can you ensure that a holiday gathering will be safe for your employees and their families? Can you afford a year-end celebration and everything it will entail? Most importantly, with all the sacrifices your employees have made and all the stress they have endured, can you afford NOT to show recognition for their flexibility and grit?
We feel that now is a critical time to connect with your team, show them your appreciation and make a year-end event happen, even if it needs to happen with precautions in place. Without regular human interaction, your employees can feel isolated, burned out and underappreciated. At Catering St. Louis Events, we can help you bring your employees together in a safe, yet festive way.
How to Host a Safe Event for Your Team
A traditional office holiday party may not be possible under the current conditions. However, there are plenty of ways you can host an event safely, while giving your employees the connectivity they crave. Here’s how to plan a safe corporate holiday celebration:
1. Be sure to check with HR to determine if in-person gatherings are possible.
2. Follow all local guidelines for safe gatherings.
3. Solicit feedback from your team members on what they’d feel most comfortable doing.
4. Establish your own guidelines for staff: Will spouses be invited? Should attendees plan to wear masks? How will you plan for social distancing?
5. Make sure you have hand sanitizer, extra masks and anything else you need on hand for the day of the event.
Finally, brainstorm ideas for in-person, yet socially distanced bonding! Be sure to ask your employees to share ideas so that everyone will participate and be more engaged.
- If the temperature is mild, host an event outside. Many venues have heaters available to make everyone more comfortable.
- While you may not be able to have a White Elephant gift exchange, you can still send Secret Santa gifts by mail.
- If you have a larger group, consider a venue that offers multiple rooms so everyone can spread out.
- Holiday music, decor and even scents can make the smallest gathering feel festive.
- A scavenger hunt or other game can make the event a little more joyful, too.
- When in doubt, offer a hybrid celebration that includes a virtual option for employees who don’t feel comfortable gathering in person.
- By taking a few simple precautions, you can still offer a delicious dinner to your employees.
Whatever you do, make sure that your employees feel included and recognized. When it comes to morale and productivity, a little festive cheer goes a long way.
Catering St. Louis Events Offers a Range of Spacious Indoor and Outdoor Locations for Your Corporate Event
Depending on the size and style of your event, we offer several different venues that can provide for a safe, socially distanced holiday gathering. Here are just a few.
If you’re interested in a spacious, historic venue in the middle of Forest Park, consider the World’s Fair Pavilion. Since it was built in 1909, this attraction has been one of the city’s most popular. Recently, it’s been renovated with modern amenities that include both outdoor and sheltered spaces for staff to mingle—safely! Plus, it overlooks one of the best views of the park, overlooking the lake and the cascading stone water fountain.
La Verona at the Marketplace
Our newest venue, La Verona at the Marketplace, features high-beamed ceilings, rustic brick and large windows. With a wide lobby and an outdoor courtyard, you can be sure to have plenty of space for a memorable year-end event. Host a dinner or keep it casual—this contemporary space is a perfect venue, no matter how you choose to celebrate.
Three Barn Farm
If you’ve ever hoped for a traditional country holiday party, this venue is the one for you. Located just an hour north of the Chesterfield Valley, Three Barn Farm features a New England-style farmhouse set atop rolling hills. It’s remote, it’s rustic—and for the right group, it provides a perfectly charming setting for an unforgettable event.